WHO WE ARE
Juba Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. (JEDCO) was established in May 2018. It is a Private Public Partnership (PPP) company incorporating EZRA Construction & Development Group (ECDG) holding 52% of the shares and South Sudan Electricity Corporation (SSEC) which holds 48% of the shares.
JEDCO was established to distribute electricity to Juba, generated from the EZRA power plant built and run by ECDG. JEDCO is now the only electricity service provider in the South Sudan electricity supply industry.
The company started electricity distribution operations on November 21, 2019 after the EZRA power plant was commissioned by His Excellency General Salva Kiir Mayardit.
Since then, JEDCO has recorded significant achievements including the expansion of capacity and networks. JEDCO has introduced various different mechanisms and innovative ideas to attract customers, and create a stable electricity market in Juba, South Sudan. One such initiative is the introduction of an industrial tariff which encourages customers to use more energy.
Since its inception, JEDCO has always been guided by legal regulations governing all market transactions and has ensured that it continues to engage in robust consultative and stakeholder processes to ensure transparency, fairness and accountability.
At JEDCO, our VISION is to be the national electricity distribution company which is most admired for its provision of reliable and sustainable electricity services that satisfy our customers with affordable and competitive prices in Juba, South Sudan.
We strive to provide consistent quality and competitively priced services that exceed our customers’ expectations. We aim to treat our customers with respect and care by anticipating their electricity needs, developing innovative solutions, and using state of the art technology and human resource development.
- We promise to always prioritize the safety of our customers and employees
- We commit to acting with integrity, high ethical standards, impartiality and fairness
- We strive to deliver excellent, high quality, cost effective and innovative service to our customers.
- We deliver excellent quality service to our customers, which is cost effective and innovative
- We believe in giving back, so we’re prioritizing our corporate social responsibility
- We work hard to make reasonable profit
We develop teamwork and trustworthiness among employees
Provides safe customer electricity connections in compliance with governing licenses & regulations
What We Do
- Bills customers & collects revenue from energy sales based on the retail tariff determined by the authorities
- Maintains prepaid metering & billing
- Procures & installs prepaid & postpaid metering systems
- Expands distribution network & connections to domestic, government, commercial & industrial customers
- New meter connections, reconnections, relocations, meter enlargements and meter changes
- Emergency service available 24/7